Francis St. C.B.S. or ‘Franner’ is located in the heart of the Liberties in Dublin 8. It is an all boys school catering for boys from 2nd to 6th class.
Francis St. C.B.S. was established in 1818 by the Christian Brothers. Unfortunately the school they built was damaged and a new school was built in 1959. It is the school building which stands here today. 1996 saw the Christian Brothers leave the teaching staff of Franner and we are now an ERST school. ERST stands for Edmund Rice Schools Trust and means we follow the guiding principles of Edmund Rice.
The ethos underpinning our school is that of the ERST charter. The ERST charter promotes the following 5 key elements:
Nurturing faith, Christian Spirituality and Gospel Values
Excelling in teaching and learning
Creating a caring school community
Inspiring transformational leadership